Have ectopic pregnancy. Is there any way to move the baby so that it can be saved?

Question
my wife has a ectopic pregnancy is there any way to move the baby so it can be saved. she is about 3 months along and we just found out yesterday and she was givin methotrexate but she hasnt taken it yet.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Radhika 2 hours later

I am sorry to say that there is no way that a fetus growing in any region other than the uterus can survive. This is because most ectopic pregnancies are found in Fallopian tubes (95%). Once the baby starts growing, the Fallopian tube will burst thus causing grave complications to the mother‘s health sometimes even death.

This occurs by first 3 months. Let her not take any risk and take the medications prescribed by her doctor. It is very XXXXXXX and life threatening.

It is very rare that an ectopic baby survives, that too if it present in abdominal region and not Fallopian region it survives. But your doctor would have done the scan and found the region beforehand and thus prescribed you tablets.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have no further follow ups please accept my answer.