Have eardrum hole. Does it cause a brain cancer?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
earam 35 yrs female I hav an eardrum hole in my right ear , almost 80 to 90% is the siz of my ear drum hole my quetion is a serious. Does cause a brain cancer or any type of cancer.
no any chronic dieases.
Posted Thu, 17 Jan 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
A hole in the ear drum is usually caused by a chronic infection of the inner ear or a trauma. This is not likely to cause any brain cancer or any other type of cancer. But the chronic infection can affect the other inner ear structures. The cause of the perforation of the ear drum must be detected and properly treated to avoid further complications.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.