Have dull pain in shoulder. Pronounced on left side. What can be done?

I have a dull pain in my shoulder when I walk especially in cooler weather. It is more pronounced on the left side.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Sandhya Manorenj 1 hour later

You have dull pain in both shoulder and it is more on Left side and it is worsened on going in cool weather. This symptom is consistent with periarthritis shoulder which has to be confirmed by clinical examination.

Do you feel restriction of arm abduction movement?Did you have any trivial injury?

If you were my patient here I would prescribe you a short course of diclofenac for few days along with antacids which will alleviate the symptoms.

I would refer to an orthopedic surgeon/family physician for clinical examination and for prescription.

Do shoulder passive exercises also.

Need to check blood sugar, ESR, thyroid profile, which when derranged can also produce these symptoms

Hope this will help you

Dr Sandhya Manorenj