Have dull ache in arm, radiating from forearm to bicep with discomfort. Suggest?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a dull ache in right arm, seems to originate in forearm, then radiates up to bicep. Moderate discomfort with no swelling, pain also seems to localize at interior elbow
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Moustafa Saeed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Possibly tendon inflammation

Detailed Answer:
Hi, thank you for your question.

It sounds like inflammation in one of the tendon in your forearm which can give pain localised around the elbow and radiates up and down.

Try to use anti-inflammatory gel over the most painful area for few days.
If no improvement then take anti inflammatory tablets such as ibuprofen 400mg 3 times a day after meals if no contraindication to it.

I hope that I have answered your question adequately. If you have further concern please do write back

Wish you get speedy recovery