Have dry, sore throat and loss of appetite. Could it be thyroid cancer?

I have been having a really dry and off and on sore throat, regardless to if i get a sore throat periodically, i always seem to mostly when i wake up, have a really dry throat, as well as that i been having next to no appetite. I also have strange stomache rumbleing and growling, or even more like gargeling sounds, like even if i just had ate, or have not, does not seem to matter much and it sounds uncommon compared to when you get hungry or sometimes it being certain things you eat, i had smoked weed but never cigerettes and was not sure if that could be causing my problems just because i have never heard of it to be so harmful at all... and it is very periodical that i have done it, i just have no idea what could be going on, i think i had read thyroid cancer or another type, could be it , i just really fear if it was something like that, being it is very possible.
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

The problem of sore throat might be a reason due to DNS ( deviated nasal septum) or post nasal dipping and it have nothing to do with the thyroid cancer as the thyroid cancer have a totally different presentation. The problem with your appetite and abdominal bloating seems to be less of the gastritis and more of the anxiety you are having. You also have been smoking weed whose common side effect is anxiety and affecting the stomach. i will recommend the use of Benzalkonium oral spray along with an antiallergents and domeperidone half an hour before meals. Try to avoid the thoughts you are having and have a regular walk after taking meals.

if you have further queries, feel free to contact
Follow-up: Have dry, sore throat and loss of appetite. Could it be thyroid cancer? 3 days later
alright, thank you for the advice and ya could be stress that i can relieve too along with what you recommend, i shall try what you say, sounds very helpful and promising, i also just wanted to add that it could be me eating unhealthy too or could play a role in it all, i have been trying to eat healthier and am trying to figure out better things healthy to try out. I just don't always digest really well and it could be just what i eat, like dairy products could for all i know be something i should have little of or next to none, being i eat alot of dairy products and am not sure if i am lactose and tolorant or not, along with other foods, i use to eat alot of frozen foods and have been just starting to cut back on those.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply

When you develop such problems like indigestion then the stomach needs some rest like reducing you food intake and only when you stomach demand to eat. Next is during these type of symptoms avoid spicy and fatty foods. Using XXXXXXX vegetables, salads and fruits are best recommended. medicinal options i have already told you. Also have a frequent change in your diets.

Hope this help you out. if you still have some queries, feel free to ask

Follow-up: Have dry, sore throat and loss of appetite. Could it be thyroid cancer? 6 days later
alright thanks, better diet and eating is helping, but i still do not get the hungry feeling i use to get, even when i eat i am not all that hungry as to where i can tell , i just eat after so many hours of not eating, i am curious why exactly i may not be feeling that hungry sensation, and as well sometimes i notice my stool will be of a really dark color almost black but it is also not always, just fairly often
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 20 minutes later
Thanks for the query

As i told you eat whenever your stomach demands to eat. also i have mentioned a drug that increases stomach motility known as domeperidone which also increase your appetite. furthermore send your stool for examination of occult blood to rule out any intestinal bleeding.

if you still have some query,feel free to ask