Have dry scaly patch of skin on top big toe. What does this mean?

i have a dry scaley patch of skin on top of my big toe what does that mean?
Posted Thu, 16 Aug 2012 in Dry Skin
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

Thank you for uploading photo.

It seems as Psoriasis or Contact Dermatitis, but examination is required for confirmation.

Psoriasis is bumpy scaling eruption, which never weeps. It leads to silvery flakes of skin that scale and fall off.

While contact dermatitis is caused due to irritation.

Please take an appointment with Skin specialist for diagnosis and treatment, meanwhile you can apply Surfaz-SN/Quadriderm cream locally and take Tab.Levoceterizine twice daily.

Wear cotton socks. While at home, use slippers which do not touch dry skin area.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,