Ask a Urologist   »  

Have dry mouth and pain in kidney. Took aspirin. Could it be a urinary infection?

Urologist
Question
I have had the flu for about a week and possibly a urinary infection (there is no blood in my urine but a discomfort in the tubes of the Johnson). I feel fuzzy, have a dry mouth and today my right kidney is aching. My sense of taste has also gone in the past few days. I have only taken a few doses of aspirin. I am generally run-down.
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
Features point to infection and it could well be the urine due to urinary symptoms.
You need physical examination and battery of tests to confirm the diagnosis including bloods and urine culture tests.
Appropriate antibiotics will be started based on that and can be done after consulting your GP.
Meanwhile pain killers and aspirin should help.
Best regards
DR GS