Have dry hair with no dandruff and facing hair fall. How to reduce this?

Hi, Am facing lot of hair fall an i have no idea how, an i have dry hair an no dandruff till now, i use shampoo always, Can u please suggest how can it be reduced.
Posted Tue, 16 Apr 2013 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Patel 30 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

I understand your main concern is to find out reason for hair loss and its treatment.

Common reasons for hair loss are nutritional, heredity, hormones, medicine, chronic illness, stress and thyroid problems.

I would like to mention that loss of 10-40 hair strands per day is consider as normal and do not require any intervention. But if you feel hair become thinner and density of hair reduced then you need treatment accordingly.

As you have dry hair, I advise to apply oil before hair wash and good conditioner after each hair wash. It will provide nourishment and extra protection to hair.
It is better to use shampoo on alternate days and not daily for dry hair.

Now for management of hair loss, first we have to find out the reason for hair loss.
- You should take diet XXXXXXX in protein, milk, fruits, eggs. Avoid fast and skipping of meal.
- Do regular exercise and yoga to reduce stress. Take good and sound sleep of 7-8 hrs.
- You can take biotin, iron, zinc supplements, etc.
- I would also advise you to consult dermatologist to analyse your hair loss and find out cause.

I hope I answered your query. If you have any further query, I would be happy to answer it.