Have dry eye irritation. Noticed loose membrane in eye. Will it be cured on its own?

I had some dry eye irritation in the left eye tonight and rubbed it a bit before stopping myself. I noticed when I looked in the mirror that the membrane between the iris and the left corner of the left eye appears loose over the white part of the eye. It does not hurt am wondering if it will subside when the irritation subsides and should I use eye drops to lubricate. I have health eyes otherwise which were last checked in December '12. I wear glasses for near sightnesses, no contacts.
Posted Sat, 9 Mar 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 32 minutes later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
This is very normal.There is a loose membrane there ,it just that you do not appreciate it.Due to some irritation you rubbed it,which leads to it's hyperemia leading to you appreciating it's presence.
Do continue your dry eye treatment the way you do.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query in this regard