Have dry cough, fever, sleeplessness. Taking Klor-Con, Solatol. Have congestive heart failure and bad lungs. Help

My Husband has had a very bad cough since early XXXXXXX It is so bad he doesn't sleep at night. It is not a productive cough, but more of a dry cough. Air pollution here in Utah is terrible, so he doesn't go out much. Lack of sleep makes him very weak.
He has congestive heart failure, and bad lungs. He sleeps with a c-pap machine for 7 years. Presently he is taking Klor-Con M20; Sotalol XXXXXXX 80 MG; Furosemide 40MG; and Carvedilol 3.1MG. I had to take him to emergency on Sat. 8/11/12 because he couldn't stop coughing. They did an x-ray, bloodwork and urine sample. He had a temp. of 101.9 when he arrived. The emergency Dr. said his congestive heart failure was not severe and his blood pressure was normal. They gave him an IV and an antibiotic and said he believed he had some sort of bacterial infection. The antibiotic was Azithromycin 250MG 4 tablets, with instructions to see his primary Physician on Monday. His primary physician said he believed it was acid reflux and gave him an antacid. His cough has not improved and the fever keeps coming back. He is still not able to sleep except for a few minutes at a time and only when he sits upright. His cough sounds like it does when he has pneumonia, which he has had multiple times. Help!
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

I need to know a few more things in order to help you better

1. Is the fever and cough better after azithromycin
2. Does he complain of pain abdomen as well?
3. Could you please attach the blood reports and the chest x XXXXXXX done recently?
4. Does he have breathing difficulty?
5. Is there any swelling in the legs?
6. Please attach his most recent ECHO report as well

Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply