Ask a Urologist   »  

Have dry and itchy skin on penis. How to treat this?

General Surgeon
Itching on the is there from last 3 weeks....its reducing and then increasing again...its getting dry and dry skin is coming out also.Its on top portion of the penis
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 hours later

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms are very characteristic for penis fungal infection. Such infection can appear due to recent antibiotics use, intercourse or other contact of the infected surface.
Such infection, when not treated can last very long time. It will show up and disappear cyclically.
I suggest you to start with Fluconazole or Clotrimoxazole antifungal cream (should be available without prescription). Just note that such treatment can take few weeks. You should also wash your penis regularly with soap and water.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.
Follow-up: Have dry and itchy skin on penis. How to treat this? 17 hours later
Can i start using those cream?if its not fungal infection then there is no side impact bcz of this right?please suggest me so that i can take a correct decission.any other medicine required?and please let me know which specialist doctor can verify this here physically.thanks....
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Yes, you can start the treatment right away. Even if this is not fungal infection, no consequences from using antifungal cream. It is quite safe therapy. And for now, no other medicines required. Only if the treatment wont help, some other medicines might be necessary.
To confirm this diagnose, dermatologist is the best choice.

Hope this will help.