Have down syndrome and noticed purple bruise between inner thigh. How to cure this?

My daughter with Down Syndrome has 2 purple bruise-like spots in the crease area between her inner upper thighs right on the underwear line. At first there was just one that I noticed about 6 months ago, and I thought it was some kind of injury, but now she has them on both sides. They are kind of oval shaped and about 1/2-3/4 inch or so. She doesn't want anyone to touch them, so they may be painful. She is not verbal, so it's hard to know how much they bother her. My daughter is 16 years old.
Posted Thu, 3 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 1 hour later
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
You are a brave parent and for getting successful surgery for closure of VSD in a Down's Syndrome patient is an act which needs to be complimented.
There are some hematological abnormalities (blood related) which these children and adolescents are prone to. I urge you to show your daughter to a clinical hematologist. Who will thoroughly examine her. Enlargement of spleen and tenderness(pain on touching) in bones has to be examined. Thereafter, a hematological profile (including complete blood count and peripheral smear examination) will be done. All this is essential to reach a diagnosis. Good Luck.
If you have any more follow up question, I will be only too happy to answer.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
Cardiologist & Medical Specialist
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW