Have double vision, nausea and dizziness. CT scan came normal except vitamin D deficiency. What to do?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...
I have double vision, nausea and dizziness. Last month I went to the ER with half my face numb and have seen a neurologist who scheduled me for an MRI when I get back from a business trip. I have had a bunch of blood tests and a CT scan - all good except a vitimin D deficency. My mom had MS. I am a 47 year old white woman. Here is my question.. should I just tough it out and wait for the MRI as scheduled - I don't know what good going to an ER in a strange city will do...
Posted Tue, 5 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later

From description of symptoms and having family history of multiple sclerosis, you might be suffering from this.
I advice you to wait for an MRI as scheduled by your neurologist after examination.
Take diet XXXXXXX in Vit D and good sunlight exposure.

Hope this information helps you. Please do write back if you have any additional concerns.

Wishing you good health...

Dr Saurabh Gupta.