Have done follicular study. Diagonised with PCOD. Taking gestofit. Continue with this as i am pregnant?

Infertility Specialist
Hi Doc,
After follicular study, my doctor asked me to use GESTOFIT frm 14thday of my cycle, after 18thday she tested me for pregnency and written as negative, on same day i gone with US Pelvis scan.On same day my Doctor suggested me to use Tablet Loette for 21 days. I used it for 21 days without any miss, now after a month of stopping Loette, yesterday i went to general check up and got scanned and found that I am 9 weeks pregnent. Please suggest me by taking Loette without knowing im pregnent will it cause any harm to the baby inside as Loette is called as a abortion pill or birth control. Also for information, im using Thyroid tablets for last 7 months as even im daigniosed with PCOD.

Awaiting for your reply.

Posted Sat, 8 Dec 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 1 hour later

I have read your query & I understand your concerns.

Ideally, Loette should not be used when you are pregnant. Since this was accidental, now I advice you not to worry.

Using loette during pregnancy may not lead to problem in every woman and not a matter of concern. It contains a combination of estrogen and progesterone.

Loette which is used for abortion contains mainly progesterone and in high dosage. But at this gestational age of 9 weeks you dont have to worry about abortion chances.

I advice you to under go 2 essential ultrasound examination to remove your worry:

1) Ultrasound at about 12 weeks gestation to know NT ( nuchal Thickness) scan.

2) Anomaly scan at 20 weeks. This helps in detecting any possible congenital malformations.

Please continue with your thyroid medication. PCOD is not a matter of concern as you are pregnant now.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any followup queries you have.

Dr.Mahesh Koregol
IVF & Infertility Specialist.