Have done a Semen analysis. What does it indicate?

Infertility Specialist
I have done a Semen analysis and the details are as follows:
Appearance: Milky white
Volume: 4.0 ml
Viscosity: Moderate
Liquefaction: Normal
Sperm conc: 83 Mn/ml
Motility : total 47%
Progressive: 36%
Sluggish: 11%
Abnormal forms: 25%
Head : 17%
Middle piece:5%
Tail: 3%
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
Normal report.

Detailed Answer:

Your semen analysis report is normal. Let me know if you have any query, I shall address those specifically.

Follow-up: Have done a Semen analysis. What does it indicate? 1 hour later
Dear Dr Dattaprasad,

Please advise whether this report is ok to conceive?

For the past one and a half months I am not been able to get proper erectiion for the penetration. Though I get early monring erection but it does not last the way it used to be. I am a non smoker and non drinker. Please let me know if any test is required to be undergone and what medicine to be taken to get rid of the issue.
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Report fine.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
This report is ok for conception. But for conception apart from normal semen, regular ovulation & patent tubes are required. So get the other two things (wife) checked.
Regarding erection problem, its not related to normalacy of semen report. As you are getting early morning erections, any serious pathology is unlikely. For safer side you can get your hormonal tests done(FSH,TESTOSTERONE, TSH, PROLACTIN & ESTRADIOL LEVELS). Mostly your problem should be solved by counselling by andrologist/infertility specialist & if required few simple medicines to prolong erection. Those medicines are precription only medicines & require prior check up by doctor to rule out any contraindication & hence can't be prescribed online.
A general advice to prolong erection is to increase duration of foreplay, pressing urethra at the base of penis for few seconds when you are about to have ejaculation can also prolong erection.
If erection problem doesn't solve by all possible means, still you can have child by simple methods like intravaginal/intrauterine insemination.
Let me know if you have other concerns.
Dear Dr Dattaprasad,

Thanks for your reply. Grateful if you can suggest good andrologist/infertility specialist at Surat so that I can consult them.
Answered by Dr. Dattaprasad 7 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:

I am very sorry, I don't know any doctor there personally & so I can't recommend anyone. Your local physician may help you to find a good specialist there.

If you have any other queries. If not, you can close the discussion & rate the answer.