Have dizzy spell when lay down an head wants to pass out. Cause?

When I lay down before my head hits the pillow I have a dizzy spell. If I raise my left arm above my head I want to pass out. What's wrong and what kind of Dr. should I see? I have had this since Aug.5 2013. E-mail address YYYY@YYYY Thanks, Ty
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Lohit K 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Physician for initial evaluation.Vascular surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi, Thanks for using XXXXXXX
I can understand your concern.

Based on your history and presenting illness, your problem mostly points towards cardiovascular problem.Since your heart specialist confirmed that your heart is fine I suggest you to get evaluated for Vascular pathology.

1. Whats wrong?
The dizzy spell before your head hits the pillow and problem that occur once you raise your left arm above your head mostly point towards the blood vessel compression leading to decrease blood supply to brain and this will lead to above symptoms.

2. What kind of doctor to consult?
For evaluation you need general physical examination, pulse (specifically Volume) and BP measurement in both upper and lower limbs in both side and at different posture and position of your limbs and angiography. So you are required to consult an XXXXXXX medicine specialist for initial assessment and later may required to consult vascular surgeon based on the findings.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Consult your doctor for further examination and management.

Wish you good health. Take care.