Have dizziness and nausea most of the time

Nov 2013

I have been feeling dizzy almost everyday and feeling like puking most of the time
Posted Sat, 8 Sep 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 1 hour later
Thank you for writing in.
I understand that you have dizziness and feel nauseated. Do you also have headaches alongwith? If so, it could be related to migraine. Treatment would consist of betahistine (to control dizziness) and ondansetron (to control nausea).
Do you have any ear-related symptoms such as ear pain, reduced hearing, etc?Have you had any ear infection in the past? Ear problems can also lead to dizziness.
Lastly, please get your hemoglobin checked.
Please consult a neurologist/ENT doctor for detailed evaluation. In the meanwhile you could see your GP to get the prescription for relief of symptoms.
I would be pleased to answer if you have any more queries.
Wishing you speedy recovery and good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad.
Follow-up: Have dizziness and nausea most of the time 16 minutes later
yes i had absis in my ears in the past... and yes i do get headaches along with it!!!
Thank you for getting back with more details.
In view of ear infection in the past, dizziness could be related to that. However, migraine is also a possibility, as headaches, dizziness and nausea could also be due to migraine.
So, as suggested, please consult a neurologist to confirm the diagnosis. The neurologist may also order a brain scan to make sure the ear infection has not spead into the adjacent structures. ENT examination would help us know if the ear infection is still active. In that case, antibiotics would be requierd. If the ear is dry, then only symptomatic treatment is necessary.
As suggested above, please consult your GP to get the prescription drugs to get relief from dizziness and nausea.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Health City, Hyderabad