Have diverticulitis. Taking medicine. Noticed urine and feces colour turning yellow. Concerned

I am a 56 year old male and I have been on 500 mg's x 2per day for about ten days now. I have been noticing that my urine turns bright yellow and my feces has a yellow orange color to it as well. I have diverticulitis and I am now feeling much better. It was a pretty bad flare up. Fever is witthin normal range yet it does shoot up to 100 late night before bed. I am kind of worried about the urine and feces color thing. My PC is out of town this week so I can't reach him for five or six days. What do yo think?
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 2 hours later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I would like to know a few more details to serve you in a better way.
1) You mentioned you were on 500mg tablets since 10 days, but which tablets were they?
2) Please given the details of all the medications that you are taking.
3) Have you investigated yourself for fever?
Hope to hear from you soon.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy MD
Follow-up: Have diverticulitis. Taking medicine. Noticed urine and feces colour turning yellow. Concerned 16 hours later
Ciprofloxacin twice a day 500 MG.I also take paroxetine 20mg 1 per day.
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 11 hours later
Hello again,
Yes, some of the additives in ciprofloxacin can cause yellow coloured urine and feces. Take plenty of water and there is nothing to worry.
Regarding you fever, do get your self investigated for a complete blood count if there is any active infection.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.