Have disseminated superficial actinic porokeratosis. No relief from efudex. Any alternate remedy?

I was diagnosed with DSAP (disseminated superficial actinic porokeratosis) over 10 years ago on my arms and legs. We tried Efudex and nothing happened. I try to keep up-to-date on any new treatments or medications for this condition. I would be curious to know whether you know of anything that can be done for me.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 3 hours later
DSAP develops in genetically predisposed people at sites of sun exposure. The treatment options available to treat the same are quite limited. Treatment options available are
1)5 fluorouracil( efudex) that you have already tried
2)Calcipotriol- supposedly quite effective for DSAP
3)Oral retinoids like isotretinoin and acitretin with or without topicals mentioned above
4) cryotherapy of the lesions.

Personally, I would advise as much sun protection as possible with use of sunscreens having good sun protection factor even if staying indoors. Also I think you should discuss the option of using calcipotriol over your lesions with your treating dermatologist.
Hope that helps. Should there be any query, feel free to write back.
Dr Kalpana