Ask a Dentist   »  

Have discomfort in cheek and throat. Is it due to wisdom tooth?

Dentist, Prosthodontics
Question
Hv i got wisdom tooth attached is the pic coz right side of My cheek is hurting n throat as well
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Dental Health

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, The discomfort in cheek and as well as in throat may be because of soft tissue infection in the area behind the lower last tooth [wisdom tooth] or because of ulcer due to cheek bite. If it is because of soft tissue infection, keep the region clean by brushing after food, take anti-inflammatory tablets like Ibuprofen+paracetamol thrice daily for 3 days along with warm salt water gargling 5-6 time/day. If it does not subsiding within 1-2 days then it is better to consult the dentist and get the antibiotics prescribed. If it because of the ulcer, apply mouth ulcer gels over the ulcer. keep the region clean. if the teeth in the region [wisdom teeth] are sharp, then it may be rounded off by dentist or if the teeth are maligned / wrongly positioned then teeth may have to be removed. The lower right wisdom tooth appear to be bend more towards front tooth in the attached x-ray, however this has to be confirmed with clinical examination. It is not clear whether the wisdom teeth are directed towards cheek, which again confirmed by clinical examination as x-ray has technical limitations [x-Ray is a 2 dimensional picture of a 3 dimensional object] I hope this relieves your discomfort, If you have anything to be clarified I am happily available wishing you happy recovery with regards

Follow-up: Have discomfort in cheek and throat. Is it due to wisdom tooth? 4 minutes later
I have gt very bad taste in mouth as wel

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX, hello, Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, hello, very bad taste may be co-related to infection. keep the region clean, start the anti inflammatory tablets, do warm salt water gargling. If it does not giving relief then antibiotics may have to be taken. with regards,

Follow-up: Have discomfort in cheek and throat. Is it due to wisdom tooth? 2 minutes later
Approximately how much time it takes to recover

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, usually one will get relief in a day or 2 in milder form, It may take little more time in moderate to severe form. However it is better to take anti-inflammatory tablets at least for 3 days and if required antibiotics for 5 days. [usually Amoxycillin 500 Mg along lactobacillus, thrice daily for 5 days is advised] with regards,

Follow-up: Have discomfort in cheek and throat. Is it due to wisdom tooth? 6 minutes later
I hd taken lactobacillus i hd got sde effects oral thrush

Answered by Dr. Ramesh B. Hegde 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, Hello, Lacobacillius is a supplemental to the microorganism which are present in our stomach which not likely to cause oral thrush. It may be because of the some other reasons, however antibiotics are given against the prescription. kindly inform the same to your dentist. with regards,