Have discomfort from swollen lip with burning mouth and tongue along with GERD. Had gall bladder removed. Cause?

I suffer great discomfort from a swollen lower lip. I also have problems with burning mouth and burning tongue. I have consulted 8 medical and dental professionals, to no avail. GERD is also problematic. My gall bladder was removed 15 years ago; 3 feet of intestine was removed 60 years ago. I'm now 86, female. Thank you so much.
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Allergic condition

Detailed Answer:

Swelling in the lips is very commonly seen in allergic conditions. Such allergic conditions can be mild to severity and vary in duration.

The allergy could be to any substance coming across in daily life. Identifying the allergen is cumbersome but has to be done to avoid the same.

Taking a antihistaminic medication like Loratidine would help to reduce the swelling and burning mouth. Do consult your doctor for the same.

Hope, I answered your query.