Have discoloured hard bump on tibia. Feels warm to touch. Suggest some cure

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Hello, I have a discolored hard bump/lump on my tibia. I noticed about two weeks now. In the beginning it felt warm to touch now not warm but still discolored but hard and solid. has increased in size a little about size of a nickle
Posted Wed, 24 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 41 minutes later
A hard lump on the tibia with overlying skin color changes is likely to be due to a hematoma in the area. Such swellings are usually self limiting and are mildly painful. In case there is no further increase in the size then doing a hot fomentation and taking mild pain killers will help in decreasing the swelling over 4-5 weeks.
You can self monitor the area for any redness, pain and sudden increase in the size which are indicators of infection in the area. In such a case a physician consultation is necessary for systemic antibiotics and to assess regarding the surgical drainage.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Have discoloured hard bump on tibia. Feels warm to touch. Suggest some cure 9 hours later
Thank you Dr. Tayal

I just want to make sure you know its located on my tibia on my XXXXXXX area
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 35 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. The swellings on the XXXXXXX are often more prominent as there is minimal soft tissue in the area. It is likely to be a hematoma. However an examination by a physician will be confirmatory.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.