Have discoloured blotches on thigh. Had felt heat and burning pains from around that area. Burning testicles. Is it jock itch?

Jun 2013
Hey there, I had a couple of blotches appear on my inner thigh a few months ago. Not really red just discoloration. Not until the past coulple of weeks did i feel heat and burning pains from around that area. This past week its gotten worse and now my testicle on the same side also burns. Is this jock itch possibly?
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 2 hours later
Hi there ~

Thank you for your question. I understand your concern. I do believe that you are bang on from your description of your problem that it is probably jock itch or otherwise medically known as "tinea cruris" and can be easily treated by keeping the genital area clean and washing twice every day as well as keeping it dry. I hope you find a good dermatologist who can prescribe you the medications. I also think that you might be able to find a 1% hydro cortisone cream which in combination with an anti fungal is going to help you with the condition. However, please do consult a dermatologist.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!