Have difficulty swallowing, ear pain and dry mouth. Using Armour thyroid. Having throat pain. What can be done?

Thank you. I have dificulty swallowing, ear pain and dry mouth, especially at night, for about four months. My only medication is Armour thyroid, 90 mg. daily, for the last seven years.
Throat pain last three months, around the larnyx, usually associated with swallowing. Symptoms worse in the evening and when I retire for the night.
Posted Sun, 28 Jul 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 16 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The prolonged pain condition in the throat should not be ignored because it can be an ulcer, tonsillitis or even a malignancy.
You should consult a local ENT doctor and get the throat local examination done and if needed suitably invesigated.
delaying and trial treatments can cause big harm.
You should do meticulous mouthcare to keep up oral health, brush twice a day and do chlorhexidine mouth gargles thrice a day and avoid eating any edibles during ensuing 2 hours to ensure good germicidal effect of chlorhexidine; Do warm saline gargles after you take anything orally.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!