Ask a Urologist   »  

Have difficulty in urinating. Could it be STD?

My wife has had difficulty urinating. It came quite suddenly and I wonder if any causes may include any STDs
Posted Mon, 5 Aug 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thanks for the query,

I would recommend a urinalysis initially. This will help determine if there is any infection going on. A typical bladder infection cused by bacteria is notuncommon in females. If there are risk factors for STD, a screening test should be done. Otherwise if the urinalysis shows infectioon, an antibiotic will lead to rapid improvement of symptoms.

If the urinalysis is clear then a referral to a urologist would be reasonable for consultation, examination and further recommendatons.

Thanks again for the query,

Let me knof if I can be of any additional assistance.

Dr. Galamaga