Have difficulty breathing through one nostril, especially after running. Is it a blockage?

ENT Specialist
sorry wrote my question in medical history
Posted Sun, 25 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 41 minutes later

Thank you for your query.

1. These symptoms are usually seen with a deviated nasal septum and hypertrophied nasal turbinates.

2. The sound that you hear when you move the wind pipe from side to side is a grating of the cricoid cartilage of the voice box against the spine. This is known as Muir's crackle and is considered normal. Absence of this sound is considered a problem such as when a mass or tumor intervenes.

3. Get a complete ENT checkup and also remember that chest/ lung and cardiac causes must be ruled out first.

4. Get a plain Sinus CT done with a post decongestion (with Otrivin nasal drops) sequence. Get a chest auscultation, routine blood tests, a Chest X-ray, ECG and a 2D Echo.

5. If you can share the clinical, endoscopy, imaging and blood tests, I will be able to discuss further treatment options.

I hope that I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, I will be available to answer them.