Have dicolored armpits. Sticky armpits and groin area. What to do?

have dicolored armpits for a few years go with sticky armpits and groin area what can i do??
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.

I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through.

The most common reason for the discoloured and sticky arm pits is fungal infection. Many times fungal infections may not be itching. But they commonly occur if you are staying in a humid atmosphere. More so you have suggested that the discolouration has jusy come which all the more suggests that it is a new onset fungal intectio rather then your skin tone.
For fungal infection you should try to keep the area dry and clean. Wash it regularly everyday. Apply antifungal cream terbinafine daily and during day use clotrimazole powder dusting.

Hope I am able to svanswer your concerns.

If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.

If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.

In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,

Kind regards

Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.