Have diarrhoea and experiencing pain after eating. Could I take nexium?

I have had diarreah all morning and get hunger pains 1 and 1//2 hours after eating. Will taking nexium and/or probiotice help. This started after something I ate last night. No fever. No nausea.
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Probiotic will help you. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The diarrhea that you are having is likely to be due to a mild intestinal infection most commonly a viral infection. Taking a probiotic will help. Nexium is not needed since there is no gastric acidity or nausea. Take a healthy, balanced and nutritious diet consisting more of fruits, salads, soups and raw vegetables (after proper washing). Medicines such as loperamide (Imodium) and bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol) can help relieve symptoms. Get your stool examined and if it indicates infection or you are not better in two days, see your doctor for a course of antibiotics. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal.