Have diarrhea, heartburn and waking up with nausea. What could be causing this?

Hi. Im 29 years old. For about 2 weeks I wake up with nausea (no vomiting) that typically goes away by 11 am. I have diarrhea that accompanies this. Heartburn also comes and goes throughout the day. What could this be?
No history of any digestive issues. I do drink alcohol occasionaly. Nausea is relieved with eating but only for about 20-30mins. I have good sleeping habits receiving 8 hrs/night. No nausea in afternoon or at night.
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 4 hours later
Thanks for posting your query,

I have gone through your symptoms in detail, heartburn and nausea there is strong possibility of acid peptic disorder, as your symptoms are in morning and relieved by food.
You can take antacid to see if it gives quick relief which will reinforce our diagnosis.

PPI (Pantoprazole) and prokinetic medicines may be very helpful to you which you can get prescription after consulting your doctor.

Other possibility is some liver issues due to consumption of alcohol.

If your condition is not improved it can be confirmed by Liver function test, H.Pylori test, upper G.I Endoscopy and then it can be treated accordingly.

You should stop taking alcohol which should help you at least until you are investigated and treated. If possible please avoid it.

Hope this information is useful to you.

I will be available for any clarification if any,

With Best Regards.

Dr. A. Dubey M.D