Have diarrhea, everyday after eating. Watery fluid, soft and foul smelling, yellowish. Cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have diarrhoea every day, up to 4 - 6. It mostly happens within 10 mins after eating. various in very watery fluid, to very soft, smelly stool, can be yellowish in colour sometimes
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Having diarrhea after every meal can possibly be due to Lactose intolerance or irritable bowel. Other causes can be diet XXXXXXX in fats, carbohydrates and less in fibre. Eating bakery products, pastries, would add on to lactose intolerance symptoms and cause the problem as well.

Since you have diarrhoea everyday, it could be attributed to a possible irritable bowel. Avoid high carbohydrate diet, high fat diet. Eat high protein diet consisting of cereals, pulses, chicken, eggs, lean meat and also plenty of fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables which add bulk to your stools. Drink plenty of water to speed up bowel movement as well.

You can consult your Doctor and get evaluated including a stool test to rule out presence of parasites, any features of absorption problem in intestine etc.
Meanwhile taking Imodium or Lomotil will help in symptomatic relief.
Do practice proper handwashing technique before eating food. This can also lead to frequent attacks of diarrhea due to infection.

Do daily brisk walking and get 6-8 hours of sleep. Do Yoga to help relieve stress.

I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.