Have diagnosed pnuemonia and was feeling better but again had rattling feeling in chest. Cause?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have diagnosed pnuemonia for two weeks and was feeling better but woke up today feeling worse w rattle again but in middle chest not left where illness was but temp is only 97.3 is this just me getting well slowly or should I be concerned?
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
May be due to acid peptic disease.

Detailed Answer:

As your body temperature is normal nothing to worry about pneumonia.
Your symptoms indicate possibility of gastric acid imbalance[acid peptic disease] leading to pain in middle of chest.

I will advise to start antacids like pantoprazole .

Continue your other medication and eat high protein diet for early recovery.
If pain persists then you need to investigate further consulting your treating doctor.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Take care,
Follow-up: Have diagnosed pnuemonia and was feeling better but again had rattling feeling in chest. Cause? 1 hour later
I think you misunderstood my question. I am currently under treatment for pnuemonia in my left lobe and had two rounds antibiotics already. I wasfeeling better until this morning and notice i have a rattle in chest again when breathing but no fever. I do already take prilosec twice daily for reflux but this is more a rattle with some yellow mucus again. I was mainly asking if its possible the pnuemonia could be manifesting again despite my low temperature or i perhaps just need to rest more.
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yellow mucus indicate underlying infection

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

When infection [pnuemonia] is persistent, then usually there is associated fever.
According to your symptoms, there is some collection in your lung and which will get cleared by expectoration.
Yellow mucus indicate persistent infection so I will advise to consult your doctor regarding continuation of same medications for a week more.
Yes, rest will improve your health quickly, take healthy diet to improve immunity.

Hope for speedy recovery