Have diabetes, high BP, endometriosis and adenomyosis. Pelvic CT scan done. Do I have cancer?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
Hello, I am 41 years old, no children 5 feet and 6 inches, 90 KG having diabetes and High blood pressure for the last 3 years. I have myoma at 8.11 cm. 10 days ago I had MRI and confirmed that I have endometriosis and adenomyosis. My pap test 3 days ago is normal. I met my OBGYN,Laparoscopic Surgeon last night and I had my CA-125 blood test last night as well because he said this is in preparation for my surgery of either myomectomy or hysterectomy.. My doctor called me this morning because my CA 125 is 400. She sent me for a Pelvic CT scan with contrast tonight. Does having 400 in CA 125 indicates 100% that I have cancer?
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
Elevated CA 125 levels may not always indicate malignancy.
These levels could be elevated in conditions like myomas, adenomyosis and endometriosis etc.
According to your MRI report there is less possibility for malignancy.
Your CT report may support this.
And if you want to rule out the possibility of malignancy better to go for endometrial biopsy followed by histopathological examination of the tissue.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Have diabetes, high BP, endometriosis and adenomyosis. Pelvic CT scan done. Do I have cancer? 21 minutes later
My doctor scheduled me for a total hysterectomy in a month is it still advisable to get endometrial biopsy? Can I send you the result of my CT scan tomorrow or the day after?

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 6 hours later
As the MRI is not showing any possibility of malignancy and you are going for total hysterectomy, you can go for post-hysterectomy specimen hystopathological examination.
Yes, you can send your CT report. I will be available to answer your followup questions.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.