Have diabetes, erectile problems. Using Tadalafil. How often can I use it?

Psychiatrist
Question
dear dr ,iam 45 year old and iam diabetic,i do exercise moderately,i have erectile problems,so i started using tadafil ,not always but sometimes when i gofor a date,may be twice a month,i use tadalafil,it works fine on me,how often i can use,please help
Posted Thu, 13 Sep 2012 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 26 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for writing in.
I am proud that you are using tardalafil twice a month, not regularly. As many use it on regular basis which is not advisable.

The usual recommendation is not to use more than thrice a week. But this frequency can be increased or decreased depending on medical condition particularly heart status and blood pressure etc.

For example some one who has coronary artery disease, history of angina, blood pressure on lower side of normal range, poorly controlled diabetes etc need to use less often. Because tardalafil may cause hypotension and thereby other consequences.

Hope this answer is useful

Wish you Good luck

Follow-up: Have diabetes, erectile problems. Using Tadalafil. How often can I use it? 10 minutes later
dr doc i am diabetic and and have borderline bp ,can i use it

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 27 minutes later
I would like to know what you mean by borderline B.P? Can you tell me the value ?

If it is more than 140/90 mm Hg ( or less than 100/60 mm Hg), then it is better to have an ECG at least and have a cardiology opinion.

But in general, do not panic. However be aware of what precautions that need to be taken.

Good luck

Follow-up: Have diabetes, erectile problems. Using Tadalafil. How often can I use it? 46 hours later
dear doc my wife is about 40 years old,we had a good sex life till abt 3 years back,but now i feel her intrests in sex diminished,she is not lubricating during foreplay too,i read that tadalafil is usefull and work for ladies too,she doesnt have any medical problems like bp or diabetics,kindly suggest some treatment to improve her sex life,suggest some medicines,thank you

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 14 minutes later
Hi and thanks again,

More you worry about her lubrication; you are more likely to analyze her lubrication during sexual intercourse which is not medically advisable. Because you are likely to be diverted from healthy enjoyable foreplay that in turn might affect her lubrication.

So I suggest you can make the environment at the time of sex as it was 3 years before.

There are no reports of harm in taking tadalafil. But before this you can discuss this issue of decreased interest in sex and decreased lubrication with her coolly. This cool discussion itself might solve many issues

Wish her and you a good sex life

Follow-up: Have diabetes, erectile problems. Using Tadalafil. How often can I use it? 8 hours later
dear doc,please advise if taking tadalafil helps a women to gain libido make her intrested in sex ,is there any other different medicines for women to gain libido,or is it the samewhich a man takes,thanking you

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 3 hours later

Tadalafil has no significant effect in increasing libido in female.

Decreased libido in female can have many psychological reasons that need to be identified by talking to her via counselling sessions. And then treat these causes rather than medicines.

Hope it is clear.