Have diabetes, depression and cervical spondylities. Taking medication. Having lichen planus with body pain. Suggest?

Rheumatologist
Question
Respected sir, I am suffering from dm type 2, htn, depression and cervical spondilities for that i am taking medicines and insulin regularly. At present i am facing the problem of lichen planus in mouth gum along with chronic body pain with low grade fever. Please advice medicines for chronic body pain. thanks.
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Lupus

Answered by Dr. Praveen Jadhav 14 hours later
I will need some more information viz.

age, duration of diabetes, diet (veg or non veg), medications for HTN and depression, smoking history, whether the pain is in whole body or mainly in legs or spine, duration of lupus.

At this juncture, I would recommend you to do vitamin D and vitamin B12 levels, along with your HbA1C, hemogram and creatinine.

Have to taken pain killers and how have they worked?

At present, I can suggest you can take Tab Tryptomer 10 mg at bedtime. However, this needs to taken under medical supervision please check with your family doctor if you can take it.

Follow-up: Have diabetes, depression and cervical spondylities. Taking medication. Having lichen planus with body pain. Suggest? 22 hours later
sir, i am providing information required by you.my age is 45yrs,male, diabetes since 3yrs, vegetarian.i smoke only 2-3 sticks at morning before toilet. the pain is in whole body such chronic that cannot be tolerated.
few days ago i have done few blood tests including you mentioned have normal results.
for HTN i take REPACE H TAB at morning and CONCORE 5MG TAB and ROSUVAS 10 MG TAB at night.
for DIABETES one tab GLYPRIDE 2MG and insulin HUMALOG MIX25% 40 UNITS BBF AND 45 UNITS,LANTUS INJ 30 UNITS at night.
for DEPRESSION PAXIDEP CR 25MG,D-VENIZ 50MG at morning and at night MIRTAZ 37.5MG,D-VENIZ 50MG AND LONAZEP 1MG.as a pain killer i used INMECIN-R CAP OR SAFEDICLO OR ALTRADAY CAP.i have neuropathy also.tryptomer 25mg i have taken at night earlier but no result.
please advice me medicine for chronic whole body pain.
thanks.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Jadhav 13 hours later
You have not mentioned the levels of vitamin B 12 and D3. If these are normal, you can take tab pregator 75 mg twice a day for a month and see the results. Continue further if it helps. Taper and omit pain killers if this medication helps. Pregator may cause drowsiness and giddiness for first few days. Of course, smoking needs to be totally given up.

Follow-up: Have diabetes, depression and cervical spondylities. Taking medication. Having lichen planus with body pain. Suggest? 2 hours later
sir, now i am taking PREGEB-M-OD-150MG four times a day to control chronic body pain for a time-while adviced by local dr. it will be gradually reduced to three tabs a day for a month and then twice daily for continue. after taking the above mentioned medicine now the pain almost 75% gone. you are requested to advice me whether the dose of medicine is correct for me and how much time in this dose should be continued to keep myself painless and get rid of this problem.
thanks.

Answered by Dr. Praveen Jadhav 22 hours later
The dose is absolutely fine. The duration of treatment is very variable. However, it is going to be long term