Have diabetes and arthritis. Taking morton, started hurting kidney. Suggest safe and effective medicine?

Dec 2012

im 53 year old female I have diabetis and arthritis and Its all though my worst pain is my lower back and my fingers.i been to lot of doctors.i have had physical threahy ,I have shots and take lortab and I did take Morton till about 5 months a go.i need a arthritis pill that want hurt my lab test show that the Morton is hurting kindeys a what can I take that want hurt my kidneys.i hurt so much I have a hard time just simple things like house work.plese tell me what arthritis pill can I take that want my kindeys,
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 4 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

I am glad to be able to help you answer your health query.

There are several pills that can help with your arthritis and that are not nephrotoxic (i.e damage the kidney) notably common analgesia such as acetamenophen, tramadol, opiates derivatives such as codeine and other NSAID such as celecoxib, piroxicam, diclofenac, morphine derivatives etc.
If your kidneys hurt after taking morton, I suggest you see your doctor so he can get your kidneys evaluated (to see if any kidney damage) before another pill is prescribed. Most of the drugs mentioned above have little or no effect on kidneys and you can attend maximum daily dosages without affecting your kidney. I also suggest you get an actual prescription from a doctor.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Have diabetes and arthritis. Taking morton, started hurting kidney. Suggest safe and effective medicine? 13 minutes later
I don't have kidney pain at just show up in my labs a little.
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 16 minutes later

Thanks for updating,

Then the medication you were taking was nephrotoxic reason why your lab tests showed abnormal results. You just have to switch to another arthritis pills that is less nephrotoxic (I cited some few examples of the ones that could be of use to your arthritis). Some of those may come with some few side effects.
I recommend that you take those with doctor's prescriptions (withdrawal syndrome after long term use could results if any of the drugs are taken inappropriately).

Hope this helps

Dr Nsah