Have diabetes. Sometimes penis skin get cuts and start peeing. What is the reason?

I have diabetes ( Fasting 111, PP 120 on medicine), sometimes cuts develop on my penis foreskin and it starts peeing. suggest treatment
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 6 hours later
Brief Answer: Balanitis suspected Detailed Answer: Dear sir Welcome to healthcare magic I completly reviewed your case, your blood sugars are well controlled and as per your symptoms that you have mentioned you might be suffering from balanitis, which is caused due to infection of outer skin of penis. It is common in patients with tight skin outside the penis, poor hygiene, uncontrolled diabetes and non circumscibed skin. It is usually caused due to unprotected sex also.. The causative organisms are commonly 1. Yeast 2. Fungus 3. Secondary bacterial infections The common terms of treatment involves 1. Anti fungal treatment like orally flucanazole and topically using clotrimazole cream for atleast a week 2, Oral and topical broad spectrum antibacterial creams like oflaxacin and nadifloxacin 3. Good personal hygiene 4. Adequate control of diabetes Note - sometimes uncontrolled and prolongednbalanitis may cause phimosis, that is narrowing of urinary tract which may require immediate attention. Hope this information is helpful Thanks