Have diabetes. How can I control my blood sugar after eating?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
i am 38years female height 5ft. 6inches weight around 68kgs. I have diabites 342 fasting and 425 post lunch can you guide me how to control the same
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query

Your history is suggestive of the failure of the treatment

You have a maternal Diabetic History ! You are diabetic for almost a decade now and you are not regular in taking medicines

I would say before going ahead with a full proof treatment , get the reports repeated in one more laboratory

You should be aware diabetes has major complications in form of damage to eyes,kidneys and blood supply to limbs

With the levels of blood sugar your are maintaining titrated doses of medications is the best option, as for now you should go to an endocrinologist or a Diabetologist and as per his advise start insulins,once under normal limits the insulin can gradually be withdrawn and replaced with appropriate doses of oral medicines

Also you should be very strict with your diet and should walk for atleast 4 kms daily

Also keep a regular track of your blood sugar levels, you may go for a Glucometer from a good company

Another word of caution if you are shifted to insulins - just because you are not regular in medicines - keep a regular watch of your blood sugar as low levels of blood sugars while on insulins are eqully XXXXXXX

Take lot of care - do not panic
Get Well Soon