Have deviation of nasal septum and maxillary sinusitis. Looking for permanent ayurvedic treatment

I had problem of blocked nose, mild asthma and headache for about last 1.5 years. In my latest CT scan, it was found that I have Deviation of Nasal Septum to right side with a bony septal spur posteriorly, and have left maxillary sinusitis. I have been suggested to go for septoplasty, sinuplasty and conchoplasty. I want to avoid surgery and hence would need to know if there is permanent cure to this available in Ayurveda. Also I would like to know if Nasya Karma could be done along with taking steroid allopathy tablets and nasal sprays for cold.
Posted Thu, 11 Apr 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy 1 hour later

Thank you for contacting XXXXXXX

I believe the maxillary sinusitis in your case is one type of allergic manifestation. Your body is hypersensitive to certain antigens and that is giving an accumulative effects in the form of sinusitis, blocked nose, sneezing, headache, mild asthmatic symptoms, etc., with addition to that the nasal deviation is making worse the condition.

So any anti allergic medicines will give relief but for a temporary period.

In this regards homeopathy and ayurveda treatment has the good scope to cure the allergic tendency in the body for a long term period.

Any steroid if you are presently taking should be tampered gradually with the consult of the treating doctor when you find there is good relief with use of ayurveda or homeopathy simultaneously. All the nasal spray, bronchodilator have time bounded effect and of course required to give you instant relief at the time of need. That can be used as and when necessary. But side by side if you are taking any constitutional homeopathic treatment or ayurveda treatment that will help to cure your allergic condition for a long term basis and then you will no longer be required to take any nasal spray or antihistamine medicines more frequently.

In brief my suggestions to you would be to visit a qualified ayurveda specialist to evaluate you and if needed try medications to treat allergic components. If your symptoms resolve, then there is no need to undergo surgeries.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any queries.

Follow-up: Have deviation of nasal septum and maxillary sinusitis. Looking for permanent ayurvedic treatment 2 hours later
Thanks for the answer. I have gone through blood tests (complete hemogram tests and allergy tests), and came to know that it is not allergic sinusitis so it seems I am not allergic to anything. I understand that allopathic medicines take a toll on health of a person, and so would need to understand how something like DNS can be treated by ayurveda without surgery, as I believe my problem is more related to anatomy and not to allergy.
Answered by Dr. Rangadhar Satapathy 3 days later

Thanks for writing back.

The differences between allergic condition and a inflammatory condition is mainly with the cause, the outcome of both are same and have almost similar symptoms. The outcome of the problem is targeted when you are on steroid and Ayurveda treatment for the same.

The cause in you is found out to be due to anatomical defect which cannot be cured by Homeopathy or Ayurveda but its ability to induce such inflammation and symptoms can surely be halted by ayurveda or homeopathy treatments. If both the above modalities fail then a surgery would be the only definitive treatment.

Hope, I answered your query.

Wish you good health.