Have developed stiff neck, fatigued and bloated. What might be the reason?

i have developed a stiff neck for the past three days without any good reason. I am also very fatigued and have regular bloating. Very depressed. My blood test came back that I do not have active EBV but do have elevated scores. Any ideas XXXXX
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 46 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I would like to tell you that it cannot be said exactlywhat can be the cause . Since there is no fever , vomiting , headache etc, there is a possibilty that it can be just a mild sprain but considering your age meningitis and meningism also needs to be ruled out . A wry neck is also a possibility . You need to see a physician for this because physical examination will provide the biggest clue for this as tenderness can be elicited which can give a clue to the possible etiology plus signs for ruling out other conditions like meningism also needs to be done . Treatment will be according to the cause . Since the counts are elevated infection is always a possibilty . Take care. Dr. Shruti