Have developed recurring sensation in foot of a warm flushing sensation. What could it be?

Dec 2012

I have developed a recurring sensation in my left foot of a warm flushing sensation as if my shoe is filling with warm water. It happens several times a day. I'm 62 and a bit concerned.
Posted Tue, 30 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

It seems to me that you have developed a peripheral neuropathy which could be the onset of an autoimmune disease (such as guillain-barre syndrome or could just be a passive neuropathy that will cool off on its own. That is to say, if the warmness of your leg is not visible with inflammation, then the origin of your problem is from the nerve supplying your foot.
In any case, I suggest you see your primary care doctor to get your examine and maybe run a few test and/or MRI or CT scan of that leg. You will also need your blood pressure, sugar, cholesterol checked.
Your situation could not be something to worry about and you will feel a little better as the days go by.
Please feel free to write back for more information
Wish you a better health.

Dr. Nsah