Have developed rashes with itching on biceps, forearms and knees which disappear automatically. Cause?

Excellent

Question
Hello Doctor. My name is XXXXXXX
My problem is, rashes with itching are formed in biceps and forearms, my knees frequently.
il make a long travel by every weekend and the next day morning the rashes will be formed and they will disappear automatically when I take a bath.
when the rashes formed in night when im back from work, they persists until I take a sleep.
Could you slepd explain me the causes for it or how should I prevent them?
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Allergic dermatitis

Detailed Answer:

The condition sounds to be allergic dermatitis. Can you take a photograph of the rash under the sunlight and send / attach the photograph with the upload feature available. It would be helpful to confirm.

If it is allergic dermatitis we need to find out the allergen. It can be present in the environment like dust, pollen. This is because you are giving a typical history where you have rashes after you come indoors staying outside for a while. So the next best step would be to under skin patch test an allergist office or Dermatologist who can find out the allergen. After that if possible you can avoid the allergen by some measures or you can under desensitization therapy.

For the rash not to bother, you can cut short the nails (break itch scratch cycle) and prevent infection. Apply CALAMINE lotion with ALOE VERA.

Hope this is clear.

Follow-up: Have developed rashes with itching on biceps, forearms and knees which disappear automatically. Cause? 7 minutes later
Thanks for your advise doctor. il send photos of rash once it appears again. il follow your advise.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Waiting for photos

Detailed Answer:
Please close the discussion for now and you can reopen it soon.

Follow-up: Have developed rashes with itching on biceps, forearms and knees which disappear automatically. Cause? 3 days later
Hi Doctor, I am attaching the photo for your reference. pls help.

Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Local and non serious rash

Detailed Answer:
Hi

It looks like a local histamine release rash. It may not be serious. As advised it mainly is allergic in nature. it is difficult to find the culprit allergen.

Hence follow the same advise as the previous. You can apply cold pack or ice cube over the rash for few minutes.

Thank you.