Have dent in lower stomach above pubic hair. Periods started. What could this be?

I just noticed that I have a dent/dip in my lower stomach, right above my pubic hair. What could this be? I thought I was pregnant, but my period arrived two days early, so I'm not.
Posted Tue, 7 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 39 minutes later
A small dip in the lower abdomen could be due to a scar in the area due to a pimple or infected gland. Inner fibrous band may also cause such a dent. This is a normal physiological variation and is not indicative of any pathology. Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.