Have delusions that universal forces are trapping me inside my body and preventing expression

I have delusions I have a delusions that the forces of the universe are trapping me inside my body and preventing me from expressing myself
Posted Mon, 16 Apr 2012 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 3 hours later

I appreciate your efforts for medical consultation in so much distress.
Important aspects of your query are:
•     45 year old male
•     Known case of schizophrenia and depression
•     On treatment with: solian (Amisulpride), flupanthezol (Flupenthixole)

First and most important thing in your case is that you are improving with your current treatment and because of that you are able to write us, which is very unusual in cases with active illness.

Schizophrenia is an illness in which patient lose contact with reality and lose their ability to recognise symptoms of illness or ability to recognise that they are ill. They consider their unusual and unreal experiences as real.

In your case you are already receiving good treatment (solian and flupenthazol) and able to recognise some of the symptoms of illness which is a sign of improvement. In schizophrenia and depressive illness some of the symptom may remain untreated initially and may improve completely or partially after some time. But it is harmful to change or alter treatment without psychiatrist advice.

Every psychiatrist has his own way of treatment. But in my opinion your current psychiatrist is best person to formulate and guide future treatment in your case as he is already giving good treatment and seeing you for some time.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.