Have delusions, restlessness and insomnia. How much lamictal can be taken with clozaril and abilify?

Psychiatrist
Question
how much lamictal can he take with clozaril 400 mg and abilify 20 mg? some delusions, restlessness, insomnia
Posted Sun, 14 Jul 2013 in Mental Health

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 1 hour later
Thanks for using healthcare magic.
I have gone through your available history.

Lamotrigine is not routinely indicated in a case of schizophrenia. It is commonly used in partial seizure, bipolar depression . It may be given in psychotic depression as augmentative agent.
Routine dose of it may vary from 25mg to 400 mg depending upon the cause.

It may affect the neutrophil level adversely when combined with clozapine.

Lamotrigine also have high incidence of skin reaction so it should be kept in mind.

I hope I have addressed your concern.
Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.
Thanks.

Follow-up: Have delusions, restlessness and insomnia. How much lamictal can be taken with clozaril and abilify? 1 hour later
please answer the question about dosing with clozaril he can only take 400 mg
of clozaril increased doses cause problems. abilify has already been tried with it and failed i am aware of uses of lamictal don' need explanation just need
acceptable dose to go with clozaril to augment unresolved symptoms

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 7 hours later
Thanks for reverting to me.

Dose range of lamotrigine along with clozapine is 25 mg to 400 mg depending upon tolerance and effectiveness with regular monitoring of neutrophil level.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Thanks.