Have delayed periods, back pain, nauseous, frequent urination and tired. Pregnant?

Hi, I am 21 years old and married so I am sexually active. I am now 7 days late for my period. I have had back pain, and I am easily irritated. I woke up this morning feeling a little nauseous. Yesterday I felt extremely more tired than normal at 5pm. But for the past 2 weeks I haven't been able to sleep until mid-night. I have been urinating more frequently. And the other day I had clear sticky discharge. Could I be pregnant?
Posted Thu, 10 Oct 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Pregnancy is possible

Detailed Answer:

A few symptoms do correlate with pregnancy. But we need to be sure of the diagnosis.
The first and most important thing to do here is take a pregnancy test. If you have had unprotected sex, then pregnancy is a definite possibility. I suggest that you take a early morning urine sample and take the home pregnancy test as soon as possible.

Your options can be discussed depending on the results of the test.

Follow-up: Have delayed periods, back pain, nauseous, frequent urination and tired. Pregnant? 4 hours later
I took a test and it was negative. What else could this be.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
hormonal imbalance

Detailed Answer:
If pregnancy can be ruled out since the test is negative, then the most probable cause is hormonal imbalance. You should get some blood tests done to find out the cause. Get your TSH, prolactin, LH and FSH checked first. These are hormones in your body. Also get a ultrasound to rule out pathology. Meanwhile see your doctor for medication to get your period.