Have debilitating lower extremity pain. Spinal x-ray and found a L1 compression. Have DJD without pain. Suggest?

I have debilitating lower extremity pain from mid-buttock down back of both legs. my Oncology dr. ordered spinal x-ray and found a L1 compression fx. I have no back pain but leg pain --#10 when I walk. Will have bone scan on Fri
I also have DJD without pain. What would the possible tx be?

I have no pain in back; just midbutt down legs making it difficult to walk.
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Metastatic Bone disease

Detailed Answer:

With the way you described the problem you are probably having a metastasis (spread) of tumor to the bone. In such a case the fracture could be impinging on the nerves passing out of the spine causing the pain down the back of legs on walking. I am not sure about this metastasis and fracture it has to be confirmed after reading the lesion on the Xray which your Oncologist can do. Please do not be worried about my answer unless it is confirmed to be a spread.

If it is confirmed the next part of the treatment is radiation therapy to that part of the bone. If not helpful in relieving the pain then surgery should be negotiated with the surgeon.

Hope this answers.