Have dark spot on the inside of natal cleft. Should I be worried for cancer?

I have a very dark spot on the inside of the natal cleft. It looks like a mole except it's totally flat, and dark black. No uneven edges though.
Is it possible that it's cancerous? How urgent is it?
I've also had several cases of large cysts nearby - which have burst with foul smelling puss (I took antibiotics for one case of it). The still have little holes left there.
Posted Tue, 26 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 6 hours later
Black patches can be due to post inflammatory hyper pigmentation.

You mentioned there were multiple lesions in that area that has healed with pits.

According to me, these black patches are due to healing of initial lesion.

Another possibility is fungal infection. Sometimes fungal infection can occur without any symptom and natal cleft is the commonest site for this.

Finally, malignant melanoma can be considered, but in this, the lesion should increase rapidly and there should be other symptoms like bleeding in lesion or pain etc.

For now, I advise you to apply a topical anti fungal cream for a month and keep watch on the progression of the lesion. I do not think it needs urgent care now.

Hope I answered your query.

Feel free to ask any further doubt.

Thank you.