Have dark skin patches, irritation and getting wet in hot temperature. Suggest some effective medicine

Sep 2012

I have a dark skin patches, irritation and sometimes it gets wet in hot temperature. at inner thigh probably jock itches.
Need a medication.
Posted Sat, 3 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

The symptoms you told are indicating of a fungal infection due to hot weather and wearing clothes for long duration. It has to be confirmed by a doctor after physical examination.

The medication you need is Miconazole 2% cream to be applied locally twice daily.
Consult with skin specialist for confirmation of disease and further management. The dark patches can be because of constant itch and scratch. You need specific treatment for this as well.
Do let me know if you have more concerns.