Have dark red feet and toes, they are cold inside and turns white when touch them. Suggest?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have dark red feet and toes, they are cold inside, not outside. I can touch them and where I touch them they turn
very white.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Suggestive of Raynaud’s phenomenon

Detailed Answer:

Your described symptoms suggestive of Raynaud’s phenomenon. It is a common condition that affects the blood supply to certain parts of the body, usually the fingers and toes.

It is usually triggered by cold temperatures or by anxiety or stress. You can control the symptoms by avoiding the cold, wearing gloves and using relaxation techniques when feeling stressed.

If you are unable to control your symptoms yourself, then I suggest you to consult a physician for thorough evaluation. He or she may prescribe you medication called nifedipine to control the symptoms.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and informative and I will be glad to answer any further query.