Have dark rashes on upper arm. How to remove this?

have dark colored rash on both upper arms I am 50 year old woman its on the inside and goes to the armpit
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Nirmala P 5 hours later

Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX

You have not mentioned if there is itching.

Since you say that it is on both sides, if it is in the area of contact with the tight fitting sleeves, then it could be contact dermatitis. The other options could be fungal infection or dry Eczema.

As itching is the first symptom before rash in both conditions it would be difficult to differentiate the two without a direct physical examination. A picture of the affected region can be helpful - you may upload the pictures using the sites uploader. Alternatively you can consider visiting your dermatologist for direct examination.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.